Chief Engineer/Solution Architect
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: October 6, 2021
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Chief
Engineer/Principal Solution Architect at our Warner-Robins, GA
office. Position requires a TS security clearance for
The Chief Engineer will serve as the principal technical advisor
to the customer, and will lead a team of engineers and analysts. In
this role, you will be a key interface to Project Managers,
functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel, and will
advise Government leadership to influence solution design, process
and/or approaches. This position is a Key position.
The Chief Engineer/Principal Solution Architect will have
primary responsibility for engineering leadership, solution
architecting, and technology advisement in support of the
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals and independently performs a wide variety of
complicated tasks. Evaluate components and processes,
determines design approaches and parameters, analyzes equipment to
establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluate
- Develops solutions that are innovative and deliverable,
achieved through research, qualification and integration of best
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products,
and/or standards in support of functions strategy and
- Ensures quality products and services are delivered.
- Contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost
management/avoidance, schedule estimation and
tracking, contract performance management, risk management,
requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities.
- Utilizes communication skills to direct the skilled technical
resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem
areas, and communicates and coordinates the resolution of all
project-related problems to the appropriate Government lead.
- Liaises with multiple contractor and subcontractor teams
through to project completion.
- Active Top Secret security clearance. Able to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical area
and 12 – 15 years of total experience including the training,
qualifications, experience, and clearances to accomplish all tasks
- Must have AF DCGS related experience; demonstrates in-depth
understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate
with internal team members across multiple areas and client team
members. Ability to influence project/team leaders regarding
solution design, process and/or approaches. Ability to communicate
with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters
of significant importance to the
- Experience managing a team of engineers and projects.
- Master’s degree in business, science, technology, or
- Detailed knowledge of AF DCGS weapons system.
- Able to lead complex Solutioning activity comprising: software
architecture design and engineering, DevOps and Cloud
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and organizational
acumen, able to influence stakeholders across the business at all
levels to bring momentum behind resource improvement and change
- Demonstrable experience delivering resources - able to navigate
through the complexities of developing and implementing processes,
developing skills and putting in place the supporting
- Understanding of key business activities including business
development, capture & program management.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Warner Robins , Chief Engineer/Solution Architect, Other , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!