Program Manager - 35491
Company: Alion Science and Technology
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Manages a developed or mature program with well-defined program
plans and delivery methodologies. The program serves a single
customer and represents a single product line requiring minor
coordination of program requirements across product lines. Program
is contained at a single domestic location. Several business
functions (such as engineering and manufacturing) are represented
by the employees assigned to the program. Program involves
established technologies using standard principles, theories,
concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of
technical problems. Long-range financial forecast is expectation
for stable growth with projected incremental sales increases.
- Responsible for the performance of relatively small technical
projects or a definable portion of a larger technical program in
accordance with contract requirements and company policies,
procedures and guidelines.
- Direct and supervise all support resources for the performance
of project assignments and activities.
- Manage the technical direction of a project through the design,
implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives.
Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with
assigned projects and for supporting new business development by
leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and
implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of
contact for those projects.
- Take projects from original concept through final
implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project
including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates,
resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and
is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews project
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of
problems. May assist in the management of a business unit or
department or is at an entry level in management of such under the
close supervision of the Division or Program Director. Manages one
or more programs.
- May supervise professional and technical personnel performing
in their regular disciplines.
- May participate in the development and execution of budgets,
sales and marketing plans and other strategic tools.
- Participate in driving initiatives for achieving established
- May serve as the primary or assistant technical and management
interface for the company, customer, and senior staff. Provides
management services including general administrative oversight,
time accounting. financial tracking, cost projection, inventory
management, personnel evaluation and support. Responsible for the
preparation of and accountability for all contract
- Responsible for assisting in the technical leadership and
direction to a multidisciplinary staff. Develop and operate a
variety of technical systems related to the specific job
- Specify systems requirements and insure that completed systems
meet requirements. Support data acquisition process control.
- Prepare and approves Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols
and other technical documentation. Able to supervise, manage,
support and evaluate personnel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related technical
discipline plus 5 years of experience in a technical position.
- Technical project management experience.
- Experience managing a staff preferred.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or
waived for more than 9 years applicable work experience. Work
experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or
uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new
technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal
Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work
Strong customer service orientation.
A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required
Security Clearance: Secret
Keywords: Alion Science and Technology, Warner Robins , Program Manager - 35491, Other , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!