Universal Banker - Houston Lake Branch
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Serves as the front-line point of contact for retail branch
customers executing activities required to meet sales and service
needs of customers and branch goals and objectives. Operates as a
multi-functional team member with the ability to process
transactions, provide optimum service, and consult in an advisory
role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction.
Processes transactions accurately and efficiently while
simultaneously introducing products and services that meet customer
needs and encourages customers to expand their relationship with
Synovus. Identifies customer needs as well as cross-selling and
up-selling opportunities. Expands and retains customer
relationships and contributes to the financial growth of the
branch. Serves as the first line of defense in preventing fraud and
mitigating risk. Demonstrates passion for delighting customers by
living the Customer Covenant every day. On average, spends
approximately 60% of time performing Teller functions and 40% of
time performing Relationship Banker functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively and pleasantly greets customers to establish a
connection and develop rapport, providing outstanding, personalized
customer service. Executes a variety of customer transactions in
accordance with applicable policies and procedures, and with a high
level of accuracy and efficiency while maximizing the sales
potential of every interaction.
- Assists customers with inquiries and provides issue resolution
in a professional and composed manner. Thanks each customer for
their business and treats every individual as a valued Synovus
- Assists customers with routine inquires regarding account
balances and account information. Cashes checks and processes
withdrawals, pays out money after verification of signatures and
balances. Prepares official checks and money orders. Refers
customer to an officer for authorization to cash check when
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency. Balances cash
drawer at the end of the day and reports any discrepancies. Checks
the night depository bags and records information. Accepts retail
and commercial deposits, verifies cash and endorsements and
provides customer with a receipt. Accepts savings deposits and
withdrawals, verifies signatures.
- Listens carefully to customers to understand their financial
priorities employing a consultative sales approach to proactively
identify both consumer and small business customer needs, and to
build and deepen relationships by finding customized solutions to
meet those needs. Pursues new business using sales management tools
to proactively identify, retain and deepen current customer
relationships and to identify and develop prospective clients or
centers of influence.
- Opens and services accounts. Interviews consumer and small
business loan applicants to identify loan opportunities and may
process and close loans. Follows established policies and
procedures with minimal exceptions. Ensures all operational tasks
are completed and all exceptions are cleared in a timely
- Optimizes the customer relationship referring customer to
Synovus partners for cross selling opportunities. Promotes and
explains Synovus products such as consumer and mortgage loans,
IRAs, certificate of deposits, travelers checks and credit cards.
Performs proactive outreach to customers and prospects during sales
campaigns and promotions. Utilizes the Sales Management system to
capture and track referrals.
- Participates in daily kick-off and huddle activities, weekly
sales meetings, and sales and training activities. Supports sales
campaigns and bank initiatives. Champions products as assigned and
shares specific product information and sales tips.
- Understands the bank's security policies and procedures.
Assists with branch open and close procedures. Maintains codes,
alarm functions, cameras, cash controls and other open and close
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminal and other equipment
used at the teller station. Ensures that the teller stations are
properly stocked with forms and other supplies.
- Reads, comprehends and complies with all communications and
directives in a timely manner. Follows ethical practices in all
activities related to the branch including operations, customer
treatment and sales activities. Effectively communicates with
leadership and coworkers to promote a positive and collaborative
- Adheres to Branch Operations Standards, policies and procedures
and regulatory guidelines to protect against risk. Maintains a high
level of awareness to recognize and report suspected fraud. Follows
the business code of conduct including reporting known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
fashion. Completes compliance and other assigned training on
- Demonstrates professionalism in appearance, punctuality, and
behavior. Maintains a clean, organized work area.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in the banking industry including cash
handling, sales and customer service. May consider relevant
college-related programs in lieu of job experience.
- This position requires successful registration and issuance of
a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage
Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair
Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe
after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of bank operations, policies and procedures and
federal bank regulations
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Strong customer service skills
- Aptitude for consultative selling
- Strong listening and comprehension skills to be able to
identify customer financial needs, goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with
- Careful attention to detail with ability to manage time and
- Mathematical skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Warner Robins , Universal Banker - Houston Lake Branch, Other , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!