* SIGN ON BONUS* Night Shift Group Lead Med Technologist - Warner Robins, GA req38745
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: October 16, 2020
* SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE* Group Lead Med Technologist - Warner
Robins, Georgia - Mon-Thurs 4 10-hour night shifts (8:30p-7a)
w/rotating weekends (8:30a-7p)
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and
As a Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist you will work for
the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can
act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can
care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologist/Clinical Lab Scientist play an
essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a
career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with
the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're
creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can
deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries
* Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical
Technologist I and II.
* In the absence of the Supervisor, performs necessary supervisory
* Assist in supervising assigned Medical Technologist, Technicians,
and Laboratory Assistants by monitoring work flow to meet testing
schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training
employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work related problems
of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and
* Train departmental employees on techniques, procedures, and
* Works with supervisor to head up the validation of new
* Reviews QA and QC records when applicable.
* Ability to have input into the hiring process.
* Serve as a technical resource for the unit by investigating and
resolving analytical testing problems, recommending a course of
action in instances identified as beyond acceptable limits, and
responding to non-routine/complex inquiries and/or requests from
clients and sales representatives.
* Expedites the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by
evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and
coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving
other laboratory departments.
* Review unit activities to ensure compliance with departmental
policies and federal, state, and local regulations.
* Review requests for validity checks and recommend an appropriate
course of action taking into account the limitations of specimen
requirements and the effects of time and the quality of additional
and/or repeat testing.
* Assist with the department's annual competency testing process
* Interact in a professional manner with inter-departmental teams
* Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or
an Associate degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory
Technology or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42
CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. If HEW certified, eight
years or more in same department. Associates hired after the
standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree.
Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential
evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation).
United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original
Minimum of five years clinical experience with two years in present
department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual
* Must have the ability to establish work priorities for self and
others and handle several procedures simultaneously including
troubleshooting instruments and other problems/issues.
* Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department
* Must interact with other departments.
* Contact with clients will be required, good customer service
skills are important. In addition, interaction with purchasing and
manufacturing or technical representatives may be required.
* Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search: medical technology, clinical laboratory scientist,
clinical test, reference laboratory, reporting, test calibration,
quality control, reagent testing, instrument, CLIA, ASCP,
leadership, problem-solve, trouble-shoot, validate,
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Warner Robins , * SIGN ON BONUS* Night Shift Group Lead Med Technologist - Warner Robins, GA req38745, Other , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!