6116 - Warner Robins - 551 S. Houston Lake Rd., Warner Robins,
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under limited supervision performs all duties of a SFS Customer
Specialist I, II, & III. Facilitates the direction of work and
disseminates tasks from the management team to other Customer
Specialists in all areas of work. Reports behaviors, attendance,
performance and tardiness of other Customer Specialists to a
manager. May control building keys and security codes
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Opens and closes the store per schedule. Provides periodic
management coverage for the store in absence of the management
• Responsible for delegating and directing the store’s work
flow, answering questions related to any store transaction,
handling customer issues/concerns and following up on delegated
• Train new associates and existing associates using the
Customer Specialist Position Development Plan (PDP).
• Interact with customers, other associates and team members to
provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
• Follow and execute strategies to achieve store’s sales
• Sell vehicles to meet individual and store sales goals by
following and implementing CarMax approved processes.
• Process paperwork associated with retail vehicle sales
including, but not limited to: Printing daily reports, maintaining
deal jackets, contacting finance companies regarding contracts,
obtaining required information regarding registration and/or
titling, processing reassignments, and auditing completed
• Conduct vehicle condition assessments and conveys results to
Buyer or Senior Buyer for analysis and appraisal of value of
• Create, review, and close repair orders for work performed.
Route work to repair specialist and ensure accuracy of all labor,
parts and sublet documentation for billing.
• Manage multiple payment types including but limited to:
Receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing
deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security
and loss prevention.
• Ensure daily maintenance and security of the display areas and
work-in-progress zones. Assist with indoor and outdoor
merchandising as directed.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies and procedures.
Work requires ability to:
• Create and maintain a positive work environment.
• Demonstrate exceptional communication skills, attention to
detail, adhere to code of business conduct and associate integrity
policy; adhere to attendance standards, and willingness to work as
part of a team.
• Delegate effectively and follow up.
• Make decisions using independent and sound judgment.
• Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working
• Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating
intermediate PC skills.
• Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain
• Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
• Position requires a valid driver’s license.
• Complete all phases of Customer Specialist training.
• Meet Customer Specialist III performance standards.
• Flexible to work in an indoor/outdoor environment, ability to
walk or stand for long. periods of time, and be able to work in any
inclement weather for several hours.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, and holidays.
• Follow all CarMax, state, and federal policies, laws, rules
and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A and EPA,
Personal Protective Equipment, proper waste disposal in required
areas, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.