Systems Engineer SME
Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: March 24, 2020
FTI is currently looking to bring on a talented Intermediate to
Senior level System Engineer SME to our team in Warner Robins,
Georgia supporting DCGS (Distributed Common Ground System). This
individual will be responsible for supporting the Air Force
Technical Operations. They will have the opportunity to work with
Legacy Systems, Upgrade existing systems and support new
installation efforts for bases across the country. They will have
the opportunity to work with new technology within a secured lab
environment. This will require an individual with Current TS
Clearance that is SCI eligible.
- Perform system administration tasks on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
7 and 6, windows active directory, windows server 2012R2.
- Assist and support Integration and adaptation of legacy
software components including various database components, Linux
workstations, server deployments, repository creation and
management; server configuration via puppet enterprise. Automation
of tasks using (but not limited to) VMware (ESXI/vRealize
Automation), Bash Scripting, Software (Java,Perl,Python,etc.),
containerization (Docker, VMWare Harbor, Kubernetes, Swarm,
- Problem solve and create development contributions for
enterprise service deployments. Provide information and
administration support to Agile Release Trains, systems teams,
program engineers, program managers and OEM engineers.
- Execute and red-line technical documentation.
- Communicate status of projects, integration efforts,
installations and problem solving via email, tickets and reports as
- Support security efforts - IA - scan and verify STIG and NIST
800-53 compliance for VM's before and after software/systems
- Maintain expertise in industry standards, state-of-the art
industry tools, techniques, software and methods.
- Work remotely, support field personnel in deployments,
troubleshooting and ticket resolution.
- Integrate machines for SIGINT Transition.
- Support the implementation and establishment of the evolving
Government FTE architectural design and manage the daily operations
of the FTE.
- Analysis may include but are not limited to the following
- Technology insertion process
- Supportability improvement
- Analysis, assessment, and investigation of problems and
failures and with identification of solution alternatives
- Process improvement efforts
- Operational or logistics supportability, reliability,
- Requirements traceability
- Configuration management
- Sustainment related activities
- Organizational compliance with applicable governing
documentsCandidate would support the implementation of Small
Business Innovation Research (SBIR) tools to improve and
standardize decision making processes in regard to the Sensor and
Data Processing Technology Readiness Assessment Program consisting
of 3 additional objectives:
- Consolidation and operation of facilities and equipment from
the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Sustainment
Engineering Center (ISEC) facility into the Future Test Environment
- Real time data analysis of Air Force Distributed Common Ground
System (AFDCGS) sensor data and distribution of data to Combatant
Commanders.CLEARANCE: Must have Active TS Clearance with SCI
EligibilityEDUCATION: Minimum of Bachelor's
- Minimum 12 years of related experience with a BS, or 10 years
of related experience with an MS
- At least 3 years of engineering software analysis
experience-good analytical or programming skillsSENIOR
- Minimum 18 years of related experience with a BS, or 15 years
of related experience with an MS
- At least 3 years of engineering software analysis experience
leading technical studies.
- Experience in leading tasks within a contract
- Demonstrated use of good judgement in adapting and applying
standard techniques in problem solving
- History of broadening technical skills or developing
- Strong information process/systems knowledge preferred
- Strong cryptographic and telecommunication knowledge
- Good interpersonal communication, briefing, writing and
organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Department of Defense, particularly Department of the Air Force
related experience desired
- US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a
government security clearance
- Familiarity with the Air Force Distributed Common Ground
Station (AFDCGS) a plus
- Experience with system metrics, data management, product
selection analysis, and new technology life-cycle cost estimating a
- Must be able to travel up to 25%#Engineer
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Warner Robins , Systems Engineer SME, Other , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!