Technical Writer, Journeyman
Company: Credence Management Solutions, LLC
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a
Technical Writer at the Journeyman level to support our U-2
Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance/ Special Operations
Forces (U-2 ISR/SOF). The U-2 Branch (AFLCMC/HBGA) is made up of
Government civilian, military, and Contractor personnel which
support three Sections: Airframe, Sensors and Systems, of which
multiple IPT's provide full sustainment of cradle-to-grave support
to the U-2 program. The U-2 plane delivers high-altitude,
all-weather surveillance and reconnaissance, day or night, in
direct support of U.S. and allied forces. It delivers critical
imagery and signals intelligence to decision makers throughout all
phases of conflict, including peacetime indications and warnings,
low-intensity conflict, and large-scale hostilities.Shall provide
technical writers with competencies to apply writing skills and
substantial knowledge of the basic principles and specialized
vocabulary of proper subject matter fields to enable correct
communication of scientific and technological developments to
expert and other interested audiences. Apply writing skills and an
understanding of the proper equipment and systems to the
development of specifications showing the characteristics and
capabilities or the design and test requirements of equipment and
systems; or to the development of training, working, or maintenance
manuals associated with equipment and systems.Technical writers, in
addition to reporting research findings and agency decisions,
articulate agency policies and explain technical aspects of agency
programs to those affected. The materials explain technical
information in such a way as to make it clear without sacrificing
thoroughness and accuracy. Technical writers make sure materials
are consistent with agency policy and with other information
presented by the agency, meet the style requirements of the agency
and the publication, and are written at an proper level for the
intended audience. Technical writers typically use desktop
publishing hardware to draft, edit, and lay out material and
sometimes to design, print, and distribute it. They may manage
individual or serial publications from first conception and content
determination through distribution and coordinate the activities of
other publishing personnel. Technical writers and technical editors
often make final reviews of proposed publications for style,
design, layout, and editorial aspects before release. Prepare
original papers, articles, or reports in scientific, technical, or
professional fields based on research, interviews with experts and
program officials, and sometimes observation of or participation in
tests and experiments. They also may prepare manuals for training
in or guidance on the operation or maintenance of technical
equipment and systems, or specifications for the development or
purchase of such equipment and systems. Technical writers use their
knowledge of the language and methods used in the specialized field
to understand and work with technical information.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and selecting the pertinent
- Determining the most logical and effective sequence of the
- Determining the overall length and tone based on the
objectives, medium, and audience.
- Writing material.
- Consulting on or selecting illustrative material.
- Preparing the material for publication.
- Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing
brochures, advertisements, and marketing specifications.
- Meet with customer representatives, vendors, system engineers,
and PMs to establish technical specifications.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including
how-to guides and instruction manuals. Prepare charts, graphs, or
forms to go along with rough drafts.
- Ensure document contents follow required formats.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistency of wording among multiple documents.
- Create table of contents and cite sources.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Maintain electronic library or all signed documents and final
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
- Recommended Experience and Skills:
- Technical writing experience within the DoD relative to
information and/or business systems environment
- Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English
language, including grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel
with disparate backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience in MS Office software, including MS Excel, MS Word
and MS PowerPoint required; experience in MS Project and MS
- Minimum of a Secret security clearance, Top Secret
- One of the following Education/Experience criteria must be
- BA/BS, 10 years of experience in the respective
technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 of which must
be in the DoD
- 15 years of directly related experience with proper
certifications, 5 of which must be in the DoD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel if requiredJob ID: 2022-6572 External
Company URL: http://credence-llc.com/
Keywords: Credence Management Solutions, LLC, Warner Robins , Technical Writer, Journeyman, IT / Software / Systems , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!