Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service)
Company: CSL Behring LTD
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Job Description Summary
Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and
conducting a series of registration procedures to verify donor
suitability for the plasma pheresis process.
* In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists
qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening
procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the
self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions
associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical
staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures
such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger
stick to obtain sample to obtain donor's hematocrit and total
* Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new
donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma.
This includes explaining the screening process, the health
screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees,
center policies, proper nutrition and any other information
pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are
answered timely, accurately and professionally.
* May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors
based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs
of the center.
* May answer the telephone and answer callers question or transfer
call to appropriate staff member.
* Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor may
have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate
* Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
* Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
* Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
* Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures sufficient
operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all
Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes
safety in all actions.
* Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
* May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
* Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or customer
service related position, preferably in medical or health provider
environment or equivalent combination of education and
* Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
* Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
* Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
* Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
* Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100%
* Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
* Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
* Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
* Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
* Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or
other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time;
however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified
candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring
a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and
part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on
the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human
plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious
diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed
to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Behring LTD, Warner Robins , Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service), Hospitality & Tourism , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!