Manager Contract Administration 2
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: Warner Robins
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking foraContract
AdministrationManager 2 in Warner Robins, GA.
This position will provide senior level pre and post-award
contracts administration while also managing a group of Contract
Administrator(s) within the Systems Modernization, Engineering, and
Sustainment Business Unit. This position plays a critical role in
the success of the organization.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and
exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the
security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman
is the place for you.
As a leading global security company, we provide innovative
systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are
comprised of diverse professionals that bring different
perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we
bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to
build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core
values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Managerwill administer, extend, negotiate and terminate
standard and non-standard contracts as well as be self-motivated
and have the ability to handle urgent situations in a very busy
program environment. This position will require a candidate who can
positively influence team members in order to maximize their
efforts toward achieving program goals.
- Conducting proposal preparation (preparing bids), contract
negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact
activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and
fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal
requirements, and customer specifications.
- Examines performance requirements, and delivery schedules to
ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Processing specifications, progress, and other reports;
advising management of contractual rights and obligations;
compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical
- Daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of
the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow,
etc.) and will provide direction to subordinates, as required,
using established policies and precedents.
- Primary interface with Government contracting officers as well
as other Government representatives relative to contractual
- Ensures compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned to
the operational unit. The candidate may also conduct briefings for
internal and external customers.
- Manage a staff of 4-6 contract administrators.
- Prepare performance reviews, monitor training, allocate
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video:
- Bachelor's degree in a general area of studyand 10years
relevant experience with Department of Defense contracting to
include various contract types e.g., IDIQ type programs or a
Master's degree and 8 years of relevant experienceor an additional
4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a
- Knowledge of international contracting, i.e., DCS and FMS,
- Knowledge of contract pricing principles, and the ability to
apply sound judgment to proposal strategy, contract formation and
- Experiencein workingwithinternal and external stakeholders
e.g.,program management, subcontracts, business management, and
supply chain management,to achieve contract execution
- Must have a working knowledge of and experience with FAR and
DFARS; this includes experience with interpretation and compliance
to FARS and DFARS
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills in
dealing with competing priorities, deadlines, and in handling
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
- Previous experience managing a group of contract
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with production and systems development
- Experience supporting Commercial Aircraft or Military
Commercial Derivative Aircraft e.g., supporting aircraft logistics,
maintenance, repair, or overhaul contracts
- National Contract Management Association - Certified
Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Current Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Warner Robins , Manager Contract Administration 2, Executive , Warner Robins, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!